St Luke’s base is a resourced provision attached to a mainstream primary school. It provides support and education for 10 pupils who present with complex communication and learning difficulties. The curriculum will be designed to meet the needs of primary aged children who will require a significantly differentiated curriculum.
It is the school’s vision that pupils attending the base will be a part of a thriving school community whilst receiving specialist support. We aim to enable each child to reach their full potential through the learning opportunities provided. We want our children to have an ‘I can do’ attitude, to feel safe, secure, have clear aspirations, feel supported and experience success.
The curriculum in the Resourced Provision will cover 7 areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World (Science)
- Expressive Arts and Design
Range of approaches
- Intensive interaction
- Visual timetables
- Scheduled sessions in the sensory room
- High level of visual structure during individual and group work, according to the needs of the child.
- Sensory circuits
- Rhythm time
- Social groups